I guess there’s no one who doesn’t likes honey. We consume it in our morning breakfast, with the fruits and tea. But the honey we’re going to talk about today is a little different from the normal honey we know. As the name suggests, mad honey should be consumed in small amounts. Otherwise, it is impossible to avoid side effects. It should be consumed as maximum 1-2 teaspoons a day. Mad Honey in Turkey, the Black Sea is grown in places where climate prevails.
Honey’s taste is also different from other honeys. It has a bitter taste. It is even called bitter honey. Its color is darker than the other honeys.
The Benefits of Mad Honey
- It’s a cough suppressant. It allows the cough to pass quickly when it consumed.
- It is curative against diseases such as colds, and flu. It also protects the body against diseases such as bronchitis, pharyngitis and gastritis.
- Supports regular functioning of the nervous system when properly consumed. In this way, problems such as sleep problems, fatigue, and nervous disorders can be solved.
- It is good for hypertension by decreasing blood pressure. It also reduces blood pressure and reduces cholesterol.
- Quickly terminates stomach pains.
- Due to substances such as calcium and potassium in honey, it makes important contributions to the body in keeping tissues healthy.
- Thanks to its pain-relieving effect, it is not only good for stomach pain, but also for pain that often occurs like headaches.
- Thanks to the very powerful antioxidants contained in it, it strengthens the immune system and protects the body against microbes.
Losses of Mad Honey
When you read what we have mentioned above, you may think how harmful it can be. This is already misleading. Crazy honey is a very useful special honey, but when consumed in its decision. It is useful to consult with your doctor before consuming this honey. But in general, the required amount is up to a teaspoon. If this amount is exceeded, you are likely to experience the following problems.
- A highly irritating burning sensation in the throat.
- It breaks the heart rhythm.
- Redness in the eyes and skin.
- It can cause darkening and blurred vision and even in some cases temporary blindness.
- It causes sudden blood pressure drops. It can also cause nausea and vomiting.
- It can cause diarrhea.
- It causes headaches and dizziness.
- It may cause hallucinations or loss of consciousness.
- When it comes to mad honey that is consumed incorrectly and unconsciously, the situation can go from hallucinations to loss of consciousness. When such situations occur, you should go to the doctor urgently, and the patient must be told that he consumes mad honey. Because this is a serious illness known as “mad honey poisoning” or “honey retention”, which in fact causes serious problems until death.
As you can see, the side effects it creates when consumed in large quantities are not that kind of underestimated. Therefore, I want to emphasize that honey should be consumed carefully.